Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ta-Da....I Own a Bookstore!

Since the last time I wrote on this thing, I have purchased the bookstore that I worked at. I LOVE MY BOOKSTORE! It is in the Continuum Mall in Old Town Bandon, Oregon and is called Kimberly's Book Nook. Since I took over February 1st, I have added more books and am trying to have a more eclectic and unique stock along with the usual paperbacks. I sell Book-bags by Donna, my daughter, Tiffany is selling bookmarks, I am still selling reading glasses and may soon be selling dolls in the children's section. Come on in and say hi!

In other news..........
My hubby's father ended up in ICU with congestive heart failure and stage three kidney disease. This is not the first problem with the heart, but it is with the kidneys. He had 10 hour open heart surgery day before yesterday and is doing OK, though it has been pretty up and down.
On Mothers Day, which was lovely, after getting great gifts (Son got me a bottle of champagne and a beautiful bright orange flower, daughter got me a stuffed crab, a pair of earrings I had been wanting, and a purse that I was in love with, Hubby got me a hanging flower basket to hang outside my we shop where I can watch it blow about fetchingly in the sun, rain and wind) going out to dinner at La Fiesta and coming home for a little chat before everyone went their seperate ways, somehow we started talking about finding people on the internet. Before we really knew what was happening my daughter had typed in the name of my sons biological father on myspace and, lo and behold, there was his picture. I had not seen him in 22 years. Surprise. My son had not really felt the need to look him up before, but there he was right there in front of him, along with four half siblings, so it kinda made him have to reassess the whole thing. He has written him an email and we shall see what happens. Freaky.
Oh yeah, last month after 18 years of marriage I moved out for what ended up being two weeks and stayed at my daughters house. We had a couple dates.......and well here I am, back in the house. What can I say, I love the guy. We just had to take a break and remember to not take each other for granted!
One more thing, in the week before taking over my wee shop, my bestest friend in the whole world, my dog Coyote died. After 17 years of life with us, I came home to find him in very bad shape. After discussing it with the vet, we decided to have him put to sleep. He was surrounded by my husband, my daughter and myself as he went and it was so fast. He did really seem like he was ready to go. Even as I type this months later it makes me cry. So here is to one hell of a smart dog and one of the most complicated relationships I have ever had. I loved that damn dog.
Our Little Brown Dog, Ginger, is now an only child. This is a first for her and other than getting lonely while we are at work , I think she is rather enjoying it. We have gotten her on some meds for her skin and hip problems, though we are having some issues with them right now, and she seems to be in her second puppy hood. I never thought I would see my 15 year old dog frolic again. Will wonders never cease. Well, I better get going.........gotta open the store!

No comments: